Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The body knows...

**Pardon me whilst I stretch a bit. I'm a little out of practice again. Dang it, I need to write more--well, write more here, as opposed to there. (I know, I know, that makes no sense, but it sorta does, doesn't it?)

The prompt at Poetry Thursday this week is "the body knows." What does the body know, you ask? Well, all kinds of things. This morning, it happens to know quite well that I was out until 1 this morning. Quite well.

But that's not what's on my mind. Sticking to my "theme of the year," here is what my body knows, this morning. This one's even titled, and I rarely ever do that.

Because of a look...

Beating heart ceases, briefly,
then rushes to catch back up.
Full-body flush,
the color rising just before the heat.
Twinges of dancing in my toes
My eyes go wet, not quite welling.


Hm..that felt rusty. I'll have to get back to writing/blogging on a more regular basis.

For other body-knowledge, check out Poetry Thursday.

7 comments:

Emily said...

i liked your line, "twinges of dancing in my toes"

Crafty Green Poet said...

Like Emily I like the line 'twinges of dancing in my toes' I know that feeling very well!

gautami tripathy said...

"Beating heart ceases, briefly,
then rushes to catch back up."

I like the rushing part. I could seeit doing just that.

gautami
In-between state of consciousness

writerwoman said...

I liked how it took me into the body and made me feel the physical changes from the inside out.

desert rat said...

I like it, it works. Keep writing!

Clockworkchris said...

It didn't look rusty to me. After I found your page it was clear you know what you're doing and I liked the message before and after the poem too. That was a great topic for you.

Anonymous said...

1. I like that you have a title. I think they are important.

2. I think this is beautiful. Doesn't seem rusty to me.

3. I envy those who can write short poems well.

4. Well done.

~Dana at sublimation.wordpress.com

P.S. Have you thought about allowing non-Blogger folks to comment on your site?