Saturday, February 24, 2007

Puzzled

I've always liked the word 'puzzled.' It feels good in my mouth, but I think that's because I like z-sounds. I don't think I use it very often, but I do tend to hold those words that taste especially good in reserve, so they don't get used too often.

I spent a fair amount of time puzzled this week. It managed to leave me on edge, and feeling insecure. The insecurity kind of scared me. It showed up in overly-emotional ways with The Man. I even raised my voice to him, and started crying because I'd realized what I'd done. I don't think I've ever done it to him, and I know he's never done it to me. I'm sure my doing so and my sudden tears were more than a little puzzling to him.

Last night, it hit me. It's not that I was feeling insecure about my relationship with The Man, that's good, that's solid. It's more that I was feeling very puzzled by reactions and feelings I was having (again, see this post).

People puzzle me. Myself the most. I used to joke with a friend about it. He'd make some comment about "never understand you, woman." I'd answer with "join the club, man." Sometimes, it bothers me that I don't understand myself more. Most of the time, it's just nice to know there's still things to learn, even about myself. I'm sure it's not easy for people around me, probably hardest for The Man (he doesn't have the advantage of knowing me for years).

Anyway, this wound up being just a wander for my mind. But, I wrote--this is twice this week!

For my puzzling thoughts, visit Sunday Scribblings.

7 comments:

Frances D said...

I find out a lot of things about myself when I wander as I write.
The Man sounds like a find - hang on.
And you like his family - that's a plus.
Sending my best good vibes your way.
Take care
Frances
My post is at: http://blogjem.com

Regina said...

I agree- I am more a puzzlement to myself than anything or anyone!

paris parfait said...

At think at times in our lives, we're all puzzles to ourselves! But perhaps that's a good thing, making life a little more unpredictable.

gautami tripathy said...

I agree. Do we females know ourselves? I for do not understand myself.

Unknown said...

Wandering minds and finding ourselves to be puzzles. You seem to have caught a little bit of the human condition.

Anonymous said...

I understand fully. Sometimes I feel there is a complexity in me that needs to be unraveled.

Undercover Angel said...

I agree about being puzzled my yourself more than anyone else. I am always puzzled by myself. I've spent my whole life trying to find myself, and I don't think I'm there yet - I probably won't be until after my children are grown....If I ever get there...